5 Coolest things about the 2020 Tiguan
Jun 23, 2020
Herndon, VA — Volkswagen of America continues the 5 coolest things video series highlighting the most interesting things you may not know about models from the 2020 lineup—from the entry-level Jetta to the top-of-the-line Arteon. Today’s vehicle: the 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan.
- Best seller. This spring, the Tiguan broke the production barrier of six million units, making it the best-selling car in the Volkswagen brand and Group. It is available for sale in 80 percent of countries in the world and is produced in four time zones across three continents. On average, a brand new example rolled off the production line every 35 seconds in one of the company’s Tiguan factories last year.
- Three rows. Three-row SUVs are pretty common…in the midsize SUV space. The Tiguan’s three-row configuration—standard on front-wheel drive models and optional on 4Motion all-wheel drive models—is unique in the compact SUV segment.
- Sky views from every row. To let the outside into the Tiguan cabin, there’s an available panoramic glass tilt-and-slide sunroof. This aerodynamically and acoustically optimized panoramic roof is comprised of an opening glass panel at the front and a fixed glass panel at the rear. It features pinch protection and an electrically-operated one-touch sunshade that covers the inside of the entire glass area. The expansive sunroof is available for the SE trim and is standard on the SE R-Line Black, SEL, and SEL Premium R-Line.
- Make it yours. Baked into the Tiguan’s infotainment system, and standard on all Volkswagens, is the ability to set up to four individual profiles—three for drivers and one for guests. Found in the Car menu, personalization settings can save your radio presets, locking system preferences, as well as position of powered seats, driver-assistance settings or ambient lighting preferences (if equipped), and will link these choices to the car’s key fob to identify each profile.
- High design for everyone. For model year 2020, Volkswagen streamlined the Tiguan trim lineup and added a new SE R-Line Black trim based on demand from customers and dealers. The new trim features 20-inch black aluminum-alloy wheels, black-accented R-Line® bumpers and badging, fog lights with cornering functionality, a panoramic sunroof, black roof rails, front and rear Park Distance Control, and a black headliner, in addition to interior and exterior R-Line badging.
Founded in 1955, Volkswagen of America, Inc. is an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America and a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, with headquarters in Herndon, Virginia. Volkswagen’s operations in the United States include research and development, parts and vehicle processing, parts distribution centers, sales, marketing and service offices, financial service centers, and its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker. Volkswagen sells the Arteon, Atlas, Atlas Cross Sport, Golf, Golf GTI, Jetta, Jetta GLI, Passat, and Tiguan vehicles through more than 600 independent U.S. dealers. Visit Volkswagen online at www.vw.com or media.vw.com to learn more.
“R-Line”, “VW”, “Volkswagen”, all model names and the Volkswagen logo are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This information and any vehicle specifications are preliminary and subject to change.
Features and technical data apply to models offered in the USA. They may differ in other countries.
Driver-assistance features are not substitutes for attentive driving. See Owner’s Manual for further details, and important limitations.