5 Coolest things about the 2020 Jetta
Jul 7, 2020
Herndon, VA — Volkswagen of America continues the 5 coolest things video series highlighting the most interesting things you may not know about models from the 2020 lineup—from the entry-level Jetta to the top-of-the-line Arteon. Today’s vehicle: the 2020 Volkswagen Jetta.
- Most affordable new 2020 Volkswagen. With a starting MSRP of $18,895 for the S trim, Jetta is the only model year 2020 Volkswagen with a starting MSRP under $20,000 in the U.S. Market, and it includes standard equipment such as 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, LED headlights (including daytime-running lights) and taillights, automatic headlights, front Comfort seats with 6-way adjustable driver’s seat, multifunction steering wheel, Composition Color MIBII infotainment system, VW App-Connect, VW Car-Net® with five years of Remote Access services for no additional charge, Bluetooth® for compatible devices, and 14.1 cubic feet of cargo space in the trunk.
- Highest EPA estimated fuel economy of any 2020 VW. The 2020 Jetta is powered by Volkswagen’s 1.4-liter turbocharged and direct-injection TSI® engine, making 147 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. The 16-valve engine is able to generate peak torque at just 1,400 rpm, while at the same time returning EPA-estimated fuel economy of 30/40/34 mpg (city/highway/combined) regardless of transmission choice—six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic.
- Mood lighting. Jetta SEL and SEL Premium models feature a standard 10-color LED ambient lighting system. Coordinated with the Drive Mode Selection feature, the system provides soothing indirect white light in the Normal profile, red light in the Sport profile and blue light in the Eco profile. The driver can set any of the ten colors using Manual or Custom mode.
- Digital Cockpit. Though Atlas and Tiguan were the first VW models to debut the adjustable digital gauge cluster, the Jetta was the first to receive the fully customizable version of Volkswagen’s Digital Cockpit. Whereas the 2018 SUVs had 7 preset dial configurations to choose from, the updated system offers 21 possible views, with each dial being individually customizable. The 10.25-inch display is fitted on either side with fixed gas and engine temperature gauges and allows a full-screen map (if equipped with navigation).
- KESSY auto-close. Jetta SE and above models feature KESSY® keyless access and push-button start. This makes locking and unlocking the doors a breeze—just approach the cars with keys on you (in a pocket or purse) and touch the sensor on the door handle to unlock, and retouch the sensor on leaving to lock. But the best part is, if you get out and realize you forgot to close the windows or sunroof, a long press on the sensor will close them without turning the car back on.
Founded in 1955, Volkswagen of America, Inc. is an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America and a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, with headquarters in Herndon, Virginia. Volkswagen’s operations in the United States include research and development, parts and vehicle processing, parts distribution centers, sales, marketing and service offices, financial service centers, and its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker. Volkswagen sells the Arteon, Atlas, Atlas Cross Sport, Golf, Golf GTI, Jetta, Jetta GLI, Passat, and Tiguan vehicles through more than 600 independent U.S. dealers. Visit Volkswagen online at www.vw.com or media.vw.com to learn more.
“Car-Net”, “KESSY”, “TSI”, “VW”, “Volkswagen”, all model names and the Volkswagen logo are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG. “Bluetooth” is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This information and any vehicle specifications are preliminary and subject to change.
Features and technical data apply to models offered in the USA. They may differ in other countries.
All prices provided are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price and exclude destination, taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
When using KESSY keyless access or remote start, do not leave vehicle unattended with the engine running, particularly in enclosed spaces. See Owner’s Manual for further details and important warnings about the keyless ignition feature.
Not all App-Connect features are available on all operating systems. Standard text and data usage rates apply. App-Connect features require compatible device, operating system, and mobile apps. See mobile device and app providers for terms and privacy.
When downloading apps, standard message and data rates apply.
Car-Net Remote Access is available on most MY20 and newer vehicles, and are offered at no additional charge for 5 years from vehicle in-service date. Always pay careful attention to the road and do not drive while distracted. Certain services require trial or paid subscriptions, which may have their own terms and conditions. VW Car-Net requires vehicle cellular connectivity and availability of vehicle GPS signal, and not all services and features are available on all vehicles. Standard text and data rates may apply for app and web features. Certain services may collect location and vehicle information. See Terms of Service, Privacy Statement, and other important information at www.vw.com/carnet.
Where stated, fuel economy values (mpg) are EPA estimates. See www.fueleconomy.gov for details. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors including driving habits and vehicle condition.