Volkswagen announces pricing of 2015 e-Golf
Aug 25, 2014
- The most versatile Electric Vehicle in its class goes on sale in November, priced at $35,445 for the fully equipped SEL Premium model
- Drivetrain consists of 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery and an electric motor with 199 pound-feet of torque; 7.2 kW onboard charger is standard
- Standard fast charging capability allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes
- First U.S.-market Volkswagen to be fitted with all-LED headlights
Herndon, VA — Volkswagen of America, Inc., today, announced pricing for its 2015 e-Golf, the brand’s first fully electric, zero tailpipe emissions vehicle for the U.S. market. Joining Volkswagen’s extensive Golf family of versatile, sporty hatchbacks, the e-Golf starts at $35,445 (plus $820 destination and delivery) for the SEL Premium model.
Built on the Golf’s sporty Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) platform, and powered by a compact electric motor and lithium-ion battery (built in-house at Volkswagen’s Braunschweig facility), the e-Golf follows the Golf’s “fun-to-drive, yet practical” formula, with all of the benefits of an electric vehicle.
Additionally, Volkswagen is further improving the ownership experience with a groundbreaking and holistic approach to e-Mobility. Volkswagen has announced a collaboration with 3Degrees®, a renewable energy services provider, to invest in carbon reduction projects to help offset the emissions created from production, distribution and charging of the e-Golf for up to approximately 36,000 miles of driving. Charging solutions from Bosch® and Chargepoint®, along with a new Roadside Assistance program and the VW Car-Net® e-Golf app are designed to make owning the e-Golf a thoroughly reassuring, rewarding and enjoyable experience.
The key features, benefits and standard equipment of the e-Golf are:
- Combined Charging System (CCS) that allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes
- Standard 7.2kW onboard charger
- Average range between 70 and 90 miles, depending on driving style and charging behavior
- Class-leading 199 lb-ft of torque, with 115 horsepower
- Largest interior space in a compact EV—an impressive 93.5 cubic feet, same volume as Golf
- Versatile cargo area, with 22.8 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats; 52.7 cubic feet with seats folded
- Three driving profiles designed to preserve energy (“Normal”, “Eco”, and “Eco+”)
- Three driver-selectable regenerative braking levels
- 5.8-inch touchscreen navigation system and infotainment center
- Bluetooth® technology
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking system
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- LED headlights
- Bespoke 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Keyless access
- Heatable front seats
- Rearview camera; and front and rear Park Distance Control
The e-Golf will go on sale in participating dealerships in select states in November 2014.
|2015 e-Golf Pricing|
|e-Golf SEL Premium||$35,445||115 hp, 199 lb-ft electric motor, 1-speed transmission, 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery; 7.2kW onboard charger; DC fast charging (SAE Combined Charging System); 3 driver-selectable regeneration modes; 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels; front and rear disc brakes; electric parking brake; ESC; XDS® Cross Differential system; electrically heated windshield; power adjustable and heatable exterior mirrors; rear window wiper and washer system; heated front washer nozzles; LED headlights with dynamic headlight range adjustment and LED DRLs; body color exterior mirror caps, moldings, door handles and bumpers; front center armrest; front and rear carpeted floormats; comfort seats; V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces w/ front manual lumbar support; tilt and telescope steering column; split folding rear seats with center armrest and pass-through; heatable front seats; Climatronic® automatic dual-zone A/C; power windows w/ one-touch up/down on all windows; Keyless access; cruise control; leather-wrapped handbrake, shifter knob, and multifunction steering wheel; LED reading lights; touchscreen radio/navigation system w/8 speakers, CD, MDI with iPod® integration, Bluetooth® connectivity, and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio; VW Car-Net® connected services; front and rear Park Distance Control; rearview camera; dual front airbags, driver and front passenger, front side airbags, Side Curtain Protection® system for front and rear passengers; Automatic Post-Collision Braking System|
|Destination||$820||All prices exclude destination|
About Volkswagen of America, Inc.
Founded in 1955, Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (VWoA) is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia. It is a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, headquartered in Wolfsburg, Germany. VWoA’s operations in the United States include research and development, parts and vehicle processing, parts distribution centers, sales, marketing and service offices, financial service centers, and its state -of-the- art manufacturing facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker. VWoA sells the Beetle, Beetle Convertible, CC, Eos, e-Golf, Golf, Golf R, GTI, Jetta, Jetta SportWagen, Passat, Tiguan and Touareg vehicles through approximately 644 independent U.S. dealers. Visit Volkswagen of America online at www.vw.com or media.vw.com to learn more.
This press release and images of the 2015 e-Golf are available at media.vw.com. Follow us @VWNews
“Climatronic”, “VW”, “Volkswagen”, “XDS”, all model names and the Volkswagen logo are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG. “Car-Net” and “Carefree Maintenance” are registered trademarks of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. “Bluetooth” is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. “iPod” and “iPhone” are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. “SiriusXM” and “SiriusXM Satellite Radio” are trademarks of SiriusXM Radio, Inc.
Where stated, vehicle range values are forecast manufacturer values for the USA; EPA estimates were not available at time of release. Mileage will vary and depends on several factors including driving habits and vehicle condition.
The 2015 Volkswagen e-Golf will be available only at participating dealers in select states.