VOLKSWAGEN CAR-NET® MOBILE APP ADDS NEW FEATURES
May 8, 2018
Curfew and Valet Alerts, plus Parking Information, can give owners additional peace of mind and confidence
Herndon, VA (May 8, 2018) — Volkswagen of America, Inc. announced today that its VW Car-Net® Security & Service mobile app will add new features, starting tomorrow. The new features include Curfew Alert and Valet Alert, to notify owners if their vehicles are driven without permission, and Parking Information, powered by Parkopedia®, to help owners easily locate off-street parking.
Curfew Alert. Owners can set a Curfew Alert to notify them if their vehicle is driven after a set curfew time. This feature can provide added peace of mind—parents, for example, can rest easier knowing if their teenage drivers take the car without their permission, they’ll be notified. Curfew Alert can be turned on and off in the Car-Net app and when activated, an email or SMS text alert (or both) will be sent to the owner if the vehicle moves. Notification details can be viewed and edited through the Vehicle Options menu in the app.
Valet Alert. When valeting a vehicle, owners can turn on the Valet Alert in the Car-Net app for an added measure of confidence. Once activated, owners will be notified by email or SMS text alert (or both) if the car goes more than 0.2 miles from the last parked location. Notification details can be viewed and edited through the Vehicle Options menu in the app.
Parking Information. Powered by Parkopedia, the Parking Information feature can help make owners’ lives easier by locating off-street parking information. Through the Navigate tab on the app, users can click the “P” icon to show available parking locations, either in the immediate vicinity or near a Point of Interest. Clicking on a specific location will display the address, hours of operation and pricing. Users can also send the location to their car’s navigation system, if so equipped, by clicking the “Send to My VW” button.
Existing features of the Car-Net app include:
- Remote: door lock and unlock, honk and flash of lights, last parked location information, and status check (doors and windows)
- Fuel: check fuel level (gas models); monitor current charge and estimated driving range, turn charging on and off, and access climate control features (e-Golf only)
- Health: diagnostics and maintenance information, including the vehicle’s warning and indicator lights, Vehicle Health Report, scheduled service notifications, and dealer visit scheduling
- Navigate: send a location from a connected smart device to the factory-installed compatible navigation system on select models
- Family Guardian: speed alert (notification when the pre-determined maximum speed limit is exceeded), and boundary alert (notification when the vehicle has traveled outside of a pre-set virtual boundary)
Available in-vehicle Car-Net Security & Service features include:
- Automatic Crash Notification: help automatically notify an operator who can quickly contact first responders in the event of a collision
- Manual Emergency Call: quick access to customer specialists at the touch of a button
- Roadside Assistance: for added peace-of-mind in the event of trouble on the road
- Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance: uses Car-Net Security & Service to assist law enforcement with locating your vehicle in the event that it is stolen
Customers purchasing new Volkswagen models equipped with VW Car-Net Security & Service will receive a six-month trial subscription from Verizon Telematics that starts on date of the purchase for no additional charge. To extend the benefits of this system after the trial, customers can choose from a number of payment options: One year for $199, two years for $378, and three years for $540, or month-to-month for $17.99, plus applicable taxes and fees.
About Volkswagen of America, Inc.
Founded in 1955, Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (VWoA) is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia. It is a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, headquartered in Wolfsburg, Germany. VWoA’s operations in the United States include research and development, parts and vehicle processing, parts distribution centers, sales, marketing and service offices, financial service centers, and its state -of-the- art manufacturing facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker. VWoA sells the Atlas, Beetle, Beetle Convertible, e-Golf, Golf, Golf Alltrack, Golf GTI, Golf R, Golf SportWagen, Jetta, Passat, Tiguan, and Tiguan Limited vehicles through more than 650 independent U.S. dealers. Visit Volkswagen of America online at www.vw.com or media.vw.com to learn more.
This press release and images of the Car-Net mobile app are available at media.vw.com. Follow us @VWNews
“VW”, “Volkswagen”, all model names and the Volkswagen logo are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG. “Car-Net” is a registered trademark of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. “Parkopedia” is a registered trademark of Parkopedia Limited. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This information is preliminary and subject to change.
Features and technical data apply to models offered in the USA. They may differ in other countries.
Six month trial period for VW Car-Net Security & Service begins on date of new vehicle purchase.
Standard text and data rates apply.
Parking Information requires parking facility participation. Volkswagen not responsible for accuracy of pricing & payment options, hours of operation, and features. See Parkopedia.com for important information and details.
Roadside Assistance provided by a third party.
Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance is for use by law enforcement authorities only. See Terms of Service for details.